Question Unanswered: Accessing DB2 from VB.NET

Hello,

I'm using VB.NET (DataAdapter, Fill method) and DB2 Connect 7.1 PE (Fix2 installed) on OS/390.
    My program can connect several times to the database and returns some results but after some hundred requests an error occurs:

SQL30081 A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "" Communication function detecting the error: "connect".

My connection string is: Provider=IBMDADB2.1;Password=xxx;User ID=yyy;Data Source=zzz;Mode=ReadWrite;

Do I have to install DB2 Connect EE?

Regards,

elric

Re: Accessing DB2 from VB.NET

If your client code runs on the same machine as the PE, then it is fine ..

Well, can you do a connect from the command line ?

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Originally posted by elric
    Hello,

I'm using VB.NET (DataAdapter, Fill method) and DB2 Connect 7.1 PE (Fix2 installed) on OS/390.
    My program can connect several times to the database and returns some results but after some hundred requests an error occurs:

SQL30081 A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "" Communication function detecting the error: "connect".

My connection string is: Provider=IBMDADB2.1;Password=xxx;User ID=yyy;Data Source=zzz;Mode=ReadWrite;

Do I have to install DB2 Connect EE?

Regards,

elric
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Cool Everything's fine now

Hello,

just added several If-clauses to avoid to many open connections. Now, the error doesn't occur.

Thanks and regards