Question Unanswered: Parallel Server/RAC equivalant in Sybase!

Is there any sybase equivalant to oracle's Parallel server/RAC. Basically this is where a database can reside across multiple nodes (servers). Multiple nodes can then share the workload.

Re: Parallel Server/RAC equivalant in Sybase!

If you are looking for more of a dss/reporting type of database you can try investigating IQ MULTIPLEX as a possibility?

Thanks
    Rich
    Last edited by fruitbat; 08-14-03 at 11:25.

Answer is No.
    I guess Oracle RAC is probably the only visible implementation of share disk clustering. This is concurrent access or mode-3.
    Sybase only offers up to the distributed workload or mode-2 level. i.e. Sybase High Availability on 2 nodes and this is far way behind that of Oracle RAC.

Originally posted by blakmk
    Is there any sybase equivalant to oracle's Parallel server/RAC. Basically this is where a database can reside across multiple nodes (servers). Multiple nodes can then share the workload.

Originally posted by tezza_chen
    Answer is No.
    I guess Oracle RAC is probably the only visible implementation of share disk clustering. This is concurrent access or mode-3.
    Sybase only offers up to the distributed workload or mode-2 level. i.e. Sybase High Availability on 2 nodes and this is far way behind that of Oracle RAC.
    I'm not sure the question asks whether there is an equivalent implementation as Oracle RAC. I interpret the question as asking whether or not Sybase offers a solution equivalent in functionality, in which case I would posture ASE/RepServer/OpenSwitch as providing something very close in functionality, and much more robust in terms of stability and flexibility.

Originally posted by tezza_chen
    Answer is No.

Sybase High Availability Active - Active feature allows proxy databases to be accessed from different nodes.