Unanswered: import excel spreadsheet to Access 2000 w/o headings

I'm having trouble importing an Excel file to an existing table in .adp file. This is the error message: "An error occurred trying to import file 'C:\\WINNT\Profiles\.\.\.xls'. The file was not imported.

In Import Spreadsheet Wizard I checked the First Row Contains Column Headings but I still get this error.

When I removed the headings in Excel file and selected import to a new table the data are saved in the new table.

I need the headings in Excel spreadsheet. How can I import the data w/o the headings onto Access.

You help is appreciated.

are u certain it's the headings? unless you have some truly weird characters in the headings, A normally swallows the lot.

try checking thru each of the fields in the import wiz-thing. the wiz is often profoundly un-wiz in it's choice of data-type: give it a first row with 895 and it decides to try numeric... crash & burn if the next row of the same field contains H66. i bump into this daily with part-numbers and product-lines where the folk-who-decide are unable to decide on a consistent format.

izy

afterthought... any merged cells (headings or elsewhere), or multi-row headings in that XLS?

izy

Provided Answers: 1
    Define your data as a named range (without the headers) and then specify the named range when you import.

blindman