Thread: Ora-03212

Unanswered: Ora-03212

I get this error:

Code:
    ORA-03212 - Temporary Segment cannont be created in locally-managed tablespace
    when I try to query with certain criteria. Has anyone encountered this error before and does anyone know the remedy? Thanks, Jeremy
    Nothing better than a good ride.

Here is the query:

Code:
    SELECT LPAD(QUOTE_NUM,9,'0'),QUOTE_COMP,QUOTE_CREATOR,QUOTE_MODIFIER,QUOTE_SELLER,QUOTE_BUYER,QUOTE_PART_NUM,QUOTE_PART_NAME,TO_CHAR(QUOTE_C_DATE,'DD-MON-YYYY'),TO_CHAR(QUOTE_M_DATE,'DD-MON-YYYY'),QUOTE_REV from QUOTES where QUOTE_COMP = 'Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.' ORDER BY QUOTE_NUM
    Nothing better than a good ride.

Hi Scooby,

I'm still in the dark ages - on 8i (no LMT on 8i), but from what I've read about LMT's I would imagine that they're not really designed for TEMP storage.

Does your instance have any traditional (what's the word for non LMT!!!) tablespaces? If so, try setting the temp tablespace for your schema to that.

connect sys/...@db
    Alter user fred temporary tablespace Non_Lmt_Temp_Space;

I'm only guessing mind. If TEMP in an LMT is not an issue, does your user have quota on that space?

Alter user fred quota unlimited on Non_Lmt_or_Lmt_Temp_Space;

Hth
    Bill

Hi,

Check whether the user is having a default tablespace and a temporary tabespace.

Sometimes the Temporary and efault tablespaces will e set to SYStem Tablespace.Go and change it to TEMP tablespace.

It is always a good practice to assign a Default TBS and a TEMP TBS When u create a New User.

Never Set the SYSTEM TBS for other Users other than SYS/SYSTEM

If necessary (too many sorts in urs DB) add more TEMP TBS and allot them.

C this may help

mickykt