Thumbs down Unanswered: SQL0270N on Select statement

Im currenly using DB2 Personal Developer's Edition 8.1.3 on windows 2k sp3, IIS 5.
    Im interfacing with DB2 via windows ODBC from php 4.3.3R2.
    Im running into ->
    SELECT m.access_groups, m.active, c.options FROM NULLID.mpn_modules m, NULLID.mpn_config c WHERE m.name = 'forum' AND m.name = c.name
    42997: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT] SQL0270N Function not supported (Reason code = "63"). SQLSTATE=42997

When I execute this sql in DB2's Command Center, the sql is executed correctly. So Im not sure if its DB2's/ODBC/PHP's fault.

Any pointers would be grateful.
    Thanks

Re: SQL0270N on Select statement

Hope you have seen the message reference :

Error desc :
    63 A column with a LOB type, distinct type on a LOB type, or
    structured type cannot be specified in the select-list of an
    insensitive scrollable cursor.

USer response:

63 Modify the select-list of the scrollable cursor to not
    include a column with these types.

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Originally posted by trini0
    Im currenly using DB2 Personal Developer's Edition 8.1.3 on windows 2k sp3, IIS 5.
    Im interfacing with DB2 via windows ODBC from php 4.3.3R2.
    Im running into ->
    SELECT m.access_groups, m.active, c.options FROM NULLID.mpn_modules m, NULLID.mpn_config c WHERE m.name = 'forum' AND m.name = c.name
    42997: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT] SQL0270N Function not supported (Reason code = "63"). SQLSTATE=42997

When I execute this sql in DB2's Command Center, the sql is executed correctly. So Im not sure if its DB2's/ODBC/PHP's fault.

Any pointers would be grateful.
    Thanks
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Ive been mulling over your response. I'm not sure its a DB2 problem.
    From the SQL, m.access_groups, m.active, c.options, c.options is a CLOB column. If I remove it, it executes without error via PHP.
    But, with the SQL intact as I posted before, executes without error via the command line and command center.
    So Im going to assume its either windows ODBC or php that is killing the SQL.
    If anyone has run into this before, or has any other suggestions, Im open to what you may have to say.

Thanks

After a bit of messing around with it, it seems like its because Im joining tables, is causing the problem.
    If I were to select just the CLOB column via php, it executes correctly. As soon as I start joining tables, I get the error as I reported above.
    So Im going to fill out a bug report for php and see what I can find out...

Well I got most of the code working now. For more info, look at ->
    http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=25112