Unanswered: impor data from files and other tables at the same time?

I need to import data to tables in database 8i from different data sources, both flat files and other tables at the same time. How can I achive this goal. I need to do so is because the data of the file don't keep everything I need to import. Some of columns' data must to retrieve from other tables.

you may import the flag file into another table

and then mix the columns with the existing table

hi,

U can use a SQL Loader from flat files and Export from tables.If this is not a live Database i think u can do it into the orignal table itself.

mickykt

Originally posted by rollingpig
    you may import the flag file into another table

and then mix the columns with the existing table
    Thanks for your reply.

So What I need to do is put SQL Loader in the part of the PL/SQL script. In the script, I need to import data from flag file into tmp table with SQL LOADER and then mix data from other tables and tmp table?

I can do this in a single script, right?

Originally posted by mickykt
    hi,

U can use a SQL Loader from flat files and Export from tables.If this is not a live Database i think u can do it into the orignal table itself.

mickykt
    Thanks a lot for your reply for my post. Can I ask what do you mean by "Live database"?

I kind of feel that you and Rollingpig are talking about the same solution, right?

I need to put these two step in a script so that scheduled task can be done.

Hi,

Yes i think u can do in a single Script file.Just create the ctl and flat file.Call the CTL and Flat file via the ur script file.

A live DB is a database that is being used and cannot be shutdown for maintance ,with more crtical data as a website running on it...

mickykt