Thread: propogator

Unanswered: propogator

Any propogator gurus out there ? I have to create a new subscription based on a replication source that is aready defined and in use for existing subscriptions. However the replication source was set up on a table with just a subset of the columns. I now need to expand the column set. As far as I can see, when you register a source it does not actually reference the columns that you are interested in, leaving me wondering whether this is picked up via the definition of the CD table.
    So my question is whether I can change the definition of the replication source by simply redefining the associated CD table to include the extra columns ? If anyone understands what I'm on about and can give me an answer I'd appreciate it. The platform is mainframe, and I do not have access to Data Joiner front end to help me. I do have UDB control centre which gives me some limited options in helping to generate scripts. Thanks in hope and anticipation.

Re: propogator

I think all you need to do is to redefine the Change Data Table and restart capture ...

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Originally posted by backtothefuture
    Any propogator gurus out there ? I have to create a new subscription based on a replication source that is aready defined and in use for existing subscriptions. However the replication source was set up on a table with just a subset of the columns. I now need to expand the column set. As far as I can see, when you register a source it does not actually reference the columns that you are interested in, leaving me wondering whether this is picked up via the definition of the CD table.
    So my question is whether I can change the definition of the replication source by simply redefining the associated CD table to include the extra columns ? If anyone understands what I'm on about and can give me an answer I'd appreciate it. The platform is mainframe, and I do not have access to Data Joiner front end to help me. I do have UDB control centre which gives me some limited options in helping to generate scripts. Thanks in hope and anticipation.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.