Question Unanswered: Submitting forms to a PL/SQL procedure.

I have a procedure which generates an html page with a form. The form is submitted to another procedure.
    This form can be different each time it loads, so I have it create the rest of the expected variables as hidden fields. This is to satisfy the expected parameters of the procedure.
    Is there any better, or other way of doing this, as there is a limit in the program to the ammount of parameters entered. It also requires adding a significant ammount of code to extend the limit on the program.

Thanks
    Dave

Provided Answers: 1

Re: Submitting forms to a PL/SQL procedure.

Originally posted by hooneeawr
    I have a procedure which generates an html page with a form. The form is submitted to another procedure.
    This form can be different each time it loads, so I have it create the rest of the expected variables as hidden fields. This is to satisfy the expected parameters of the procedure.
    Is there any better, or other way of doing this, as there is a limit in the program to the ammount of parameters entered. It also requires adding a significant ammount of code to extend the limit on the program.

Thanks
    Dave
    I'm not sure if this helps, but the procedure called from the form could have default values for its arguments. Then you would not need to provide a value for every parameter by creating hidden fields for the unwanted ones, you could just not send them.

Exclamation

thats an idea, but it still leaves me with the problem of handling all the inputs in the procedure. Is there any way to send an array of values from the form? I know thats a bit vague, but all the form values are similar.

They are named as such ro1, ro2, ro3, ro4...ron

I'd like it so these could be entered without an upper limit,

Thanks
    Dave

Provided Answers: 1
    Originally posted by hooneeawr
    thats an idea, but it still leaves me with the problem of handling all the inputs in the procedure. Is there any way to send an array of values from the form? I know thats a bit vague, but all the form values are similar.

They are named as such ro1, ro2, ro3, ro4...ron

I'd like it so these could be entered without an upper limit,

Thanks
    Dave
    A PL/SQL procedure can take an argument that is a collection (VARRAY, TABLE OF ...), but I don't know if/how you would call it from the form.

Unhappy

Thats what I was hoping I could do, but I can't find a single instance where this is used. Surely there must be a more simple way to pass multiple variables from a form as an array, but I just can't find it.

Anyway, thanks for the input, I think i'll just have to do ro1 in varchar2, ro2 in varchar2...ro1000 in varchar2 etc... gonna be a bitch to sort out

Dave