Unanswered: awesome calender but need help

Ive managed to find a Schedule calendar DB and I thought I'd share this with people on this forum who might find it useful.

When the Schedule Calendar form is opened and a entry in made on particular date, I want the entry to anchor whenever I scroll through months. I need to data entered to be bound to that date.

Lets say for example I enter something like "training" on say Wed of August and then I move to Sept and then move back to August, I want the entry "trainging to be visible" so that people can see what has been entered rather than having to view what has been entries via the report.

can someone have a look at this please!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I tried to work on the db, but without any success. It seems to me that the calendar should be working. The module look up for the text in the tblInput but can't find entry that are there. The only notable thing I found is that at the beginning of the module there's a choice for European or American date set. It might be that that's causing the problem.
    Marco
    ---Do not send e-mail---
    "New Big Bang Theory: God said unzip universe"

Thanks for making an attempt.

Ciao

Re: awesome calender but need help

Originally posted by billjov
    Ive managed to find a Schedule calendar DB and I thought I'd share this with people on this forum who might find it useful.

When the Schedule Calendar form is opened and a entry in made on particular date, I want the entry to anchor whenever I scroll through months. I need to data entered to be bound to that date.

Lets say for example I enter something like "training" on say Wed of August and then I move to Sept and then move back to August, I want the entry "trainging to be visible" so that people can see what has been entered rather than having to view what has been entries via the report.
    I know I'm a little {well a lot really} out of my league here, but I just wanted to tell you that I downloaded your calendar, typed in the entry "Training" on a Wednesday in August, scrolled through to Sept. and back again and the entry was still there. Then I scrolled through Sept. all the way to Dec. and back again and the entry was still there. After that I closed out of the Module window, went to reports then went back to the Module window- opened the calendar. And voila- the entry is still there.
    So it seems to be working for me.
    I have Access 2000 though, I don't know if that makes a difference but maybe me telling you this will help.

Thanks for trying rhythm.

I tried exact you did and but it still didnt work.

Its quite possible because im using A97.

maybe some who has A97 might have a got at it to see if its happening to them too.

Works in Access 2k and 97 for me. Check you do not have any missing references (double click code module, select tools -> references).

Thanks bscorer.

Do you happen to know which referrence it is...there are so many of them?

Originally posted by bscorer
    Works in Access 2k and 97 for me. Check you do not have any missing references (double click code module, select tools -> references).

The ones the program requires will have a tick next them and will appear at the top of the list. If any are missing they will be prefixed with MISSING. Check for the Microsft DAO 3.6 object library. Are you getting any sort of error message. Clear tblInput then enter a date via the calandar and see if it has put a record into this table, if so then it looks like it is not identifying the correct date/setup on your pc.

Thanks again

I checked the my referrences again and notice that I dont have DAO 3.6 object library in the list.

Dates are adding fine in the table.

If the data is being entered into tblIput then the program is writing the data correctly, it must have something to do with retrieving the data. You do have the correct date/time set on your pc and the correct regional settings?

Which regional settings do I need?

do you mean the date format type or the country time setting.

When I go into control panel>Regional Setting Im not sure what I should set them too.

You should have them set to your settings (i.e. UK date is dd/mm/yyyy, US date is mm/dd/yyyy). Have a scroll through the months to check that it is not displaying your text in another date.

Originally posted by billjov

How can I get the code for this "awesome calender"
    Regards,
    Mitch