Exclamation Unanswered: time connect to DB

I have a DB, that was recovered from backup. The problem is that when I connect myself to this DB, the time of delay takes much.
    I am working with a UDB DB2 version 8.1 with fixpack 2.
    Thanks for everything.

Re: time connect to DB

Is it always or only the first time or when you are the first one to connect to a inactive database ?

If you are in category 2 or 3, there is nothing to worry

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Originally posted by zarconja
    I have a DB, that was recovered from backup. The problem is that when I connect myself to this DB, the time of delay takes much.
    I am working with a UDB DB2 version 8.1 with fixpack 2.
    Thanks for everything.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Red face Re: time connect to DB

when I do login to the DB for the first time, it delays enough in connecting itself and it leaves the message Windows saying that there is no sufficient virtual memory, but after about 5 minutes approximately is gotten to connect. When doing another one login to the same DB this is made but fast. It wanted that the first time that it connects to me makes equal of fast.

Re: time connect to DB

You can't help ...

The first connection is always slow ... This is becuase the database will be allocating system resources(bufferpool and other database memory) and will be initializing the log files ... If the database was not stopped gracefully, an additional step 'Crash Recovery' has to be done ....

To avoid all these in the first connection, you can use the ACTIVATE Database Command ... The resources will be in allocated state until you issue DEACTIVATE Database command ...

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by zarconja
    when I do login to the DB for the first time, it delays enough in connecting itself and it leaves the message Windows saying that there is no sufficient virtual memory, but after about 5 minutes approximately is gotten to connect. When doing another one login to the same DB this is made but fast. It wanted that the first time that it connects to me makes equal of fast.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.