Unanswered: getting the time/date of server

This is my problem, I created time In/Out System using powerbuilder, right now i'm using the system clock/date of the workstation not the server time. How can I solve this problem ? I search it in powerbuilder help but no functions are available if i'm not mistaken...

One more thing , I have an oracle 7.3 server , my question is, Can I used this version in creating Active Server Pages using this oracle or do I have to upgrade it ?

Can you help me solve this problem....

Re: getting the time/date of server

Originally posted by adalson
    This is my problem, I created time In/Out System using powerbuilder, right now i'm using the system clock/date of the workstation not the server time. How can I solve this problem ? I search it in powerbuilder help but no functions are available if i'm not mistaken...

One more thing , I have an oracle 7.3 server , my question is, Can I used this version in creating Active Server Pages using this oracle or do I have to upgrade it ?

Can you help me solve this problem....
    (1) Since you have Oracle running on the server, you could use a serverbased routine/statement like ("select sysdate from dual") to get the correct timestamp from the server.

(2) As far as I know, Oracle 7.3 ist officially not supported any more, so I would not rely on that old version .... I am not sure if it will work with asp (and/or jsp). in using servlets or active server pages I have always successfully used Oracle 8 or 9.

pre4711,

Thanks a lot....I solve the problem already....

Can I ask again, How can I eliminate ( using powerbuilder ) accepting code thru keyboard. We have a barcode reader running on the machine our problem is some of the employee is using the keyboard to enter their ID. Some of them, they know how to trace the barcode from their respective Id's, they just go to dos, word, excel swipe it and they can se e it already. How can I eliminate using the keyboard. Sometimes our solution to that is to remove the keyboard while their logging-In, the machine is not dedicated for time-in/out system it's also used by the telephone operator in answering some vessel inquiry.

I hope you could help us also here....Many thanks to you..At least I already solved the major problem....

Thanks a lot

Adalson