Unanswered: Connecting MySQL to external databases

Hello all,

I am wondering if it is possible to connect a MySQL database to another external database (this is analogous to a CREATE DATABASE LINK in Oracle). Specifically I would like to connect to a MS SQL Server database so I could do a INSERT from a SELECT in the tables in the database (effectively replicate what on the MS SQL Server onto the MySQL database). Or, if you know of another way to replicate a SQL Server to MySQL through some export/import tools, I would be appreciative if you could point those my way.

Thanks!

Re: Connecting MySQL to external databases

Hi,

See this page of MySQL Official Site:

http://mysql.progen.com.tr/portal/so...ts/index.html.

There are some tools for manage MySQL Database, Import and export from and to other DBMS.

See also www.sqlyog.com or looking for SQLYog program. It's useful for manage a MySql database and some of last version are freeware.

Hi

Jack

Originally posted by washcapsfan37
    Hello all,

I am wondering if it is possible to connect a MySQL database to another external database (this is analogous to a CREATE DATABASE LINK in Oracle). Specifically I would like to connect to a MS SQL Server database so I could do a INSERT from a SELECT in the tables in the database (effectively replicate what on the MS SQL Server onto the MySQL database). Or, if you know of another way to replicate a SQL Server to MySQL through some export/import tools, I would be appreciative if you could point those my way.

Thanks!