Unanswered: Tracing the source of a prompt

Would anyone know of a way to trace the source of a prompt?

I have a large form. I just made some changes to it, and now when it is opened in form view, the user receives a prompt requesting a value for Lookup_ShipToID.BriefDescriptor.

My immediate question is whether it's possible to determine which specific item in the form is spawning this prompt box? Is there a feature that will track the culprit down for me?

Secondarily, does the Lookup_ signify anything in particular? ShipToID and BriefDescriptor tell me what the likely candidates are (a combo box that returns those values).

This only started happening after I replaced the row source of that combo box with a new query.

Any and all help most appreciated. Thank you!

Re: Tracing the source of a prompt

It looks as though it cannot find field briefDescriptor in table/query shipTo. When you changed the row source, did you do any renaming?

Re: Tracing the source of a prompt

It turned out that I needed to open the properties of the form itself and delete the GROUP BY property. That solved it.

Whew!

Originally posted by microgenius
    It looks as though it cannot find field briefDescriptor in table/query shipTo. When you changed the row source, did you do any renaming?