Angry Unanswered: SQLServer2000 databases information

Is there any table in the SQLServer2000 server in any database like master, msdb or the actual database itself that can give me information about the database owner, database properties such as: Auto update statistics ON, Torn page detection ON etc., and Recovery type like SIMPLE, FULL etc.,

Thanks for the info in advance

Re: SQLServer2000 databases information

Originally posted by vkaramched
    Is there any table in the SQLServer2000 server in any database like master, msdb or the actual database itself that can give me information about the database owner, database properties such as: Auto update statistics ON, Torn page detection ON etc., and Recovery type like SIMPLE, FULL etc.,

IF (SELECT NAME FROM SYSDATABASES WHERE NAME = 'TCLSEP')= 'TCLSEP'
    BEGIN
    EXEC sp_dboption @dbname = 'TCLSEP', @optname = 'single user', @optvalue ='TRUE'
    EXEC sp_dboption @dbname = 'TCLSEP', @optname = 'dbo use only', @optvalue ='TRUE'
    DROP DATABASE TCLSEP
    END

This is part of a script I used to lock out a dabase befor I dropped it.
    The stored procedure sp_dboption used as exec sp_dboption @dbname = 'XXX' , @optname = 'dbo use only' will return the status of the dbo setting.

You can probably look at the sp_dboption procedure and figure out some of what it is doing and copy the code into yur functionality.
    Jim P.

Supoorting Oracle, MSSQL7, Sybase 8, & Pervasive. Confusion Reigns

Originally posted by vkaramched

how about using sp_helpdb?

(e.g. sp_helpdb blah)

actually, if you just run sp_helpdb without specifying a database, it will give you the general info you are seeking.

Originally posted by rocket39
    how about using sp_helpdb?

(e.g. sp_helpdb blah)
    Many thanks for all the help.