Exclamation Unanswered: db2 udb 7.2 on aix 4.3, how can i limit which machine can connect to the database?

db2 udb 7.2 on aix 4.3, how can i limit which machine can connect to the database?

I have a ID called db2admin on AIX and this ID is for batch processing. I had disabled the remote login, however, user(s) can connect to the database via ODBC or DRDA...etc.

recently, I notice that some user try to guess the db2admin passowrd, how can I prevent this?

Thanks for help in advance!!!

Hi,

The esayer way is to make your password very difficult to guess. Make password minimum 6 character with upper and lower cases with numbers like: T3oyo4ta
    Toyota with two numbers. Password also begins with upper charachter!
    The best passwords are password without any meaning!!! But remember this password is now bad because I wrote it down, so somebody can see it!!!

BTW: you probably don't have problems with DRDA users, becuse AIX has no such connections. DRDA is only for mainframe systems like z/OS, VSE/ESA, VM and AS/400.

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty
    Last edited by grofaty; 08-21-03 at 02:15.

Can they connect from a machine which does not have a client installed and the node directory and database directory of that client updated with target database info?