Question Unanswered: DB2APP.dll in version 6 and 7

Hi,
    I have written the small Windows app (using Visual C++) and using DB2 client v.7 while the server resides on DB2 version 6. I had no problems with running from my PC, but faced the problems (sqlasetda@24 not found in DB2APP.dll) while trying to run from the server.
    Do I have to run this app only from the client with version 7?

Zbigniew

Re: DB2APP.dll in version 6 and 7

You may have to recompile your app using the v6's db2app.dll ..

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Originally posted by zbika
    Hi,
    I have written the small Windows app (using Visual C++) and using DB2 client v.7 while the server resides on DB2 version 6. I had no problems with running from my PC, but faced the problems (sqlasetda@24 not found in DB2APP.dll) while trying to run from the server.

Zbigniew
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Hi,
    I' ve the same problem while triying to link a project which includes a C file generated by our host using bind & prep commands. Our Host has been recently upgraded to version 7. While I' ve reproduced the link error using both client versions 6.1 and 7.1..., also I've changed the DB2APP.dll component wich is supposed to include de undefined symbol.

Did you solve this problem?

Regards

Originally posted by zbika
    Hi,

Zbigniew

Hi,
    the problem not really solved. Admins changed database to... MVS version, so I had ro rebind. Now it works, as all the customers have correct client version.
    But I can't say I solved the problem as I did not look for the solution.

Originally posted by XDEVIALA
    Hi,
    I' ve the same problem while triying to link a project which includes a C file generated by our host using bind & prep commands. Our Host has been recently upgraded to version 7. While I' ve reproduced the link error using both client versions 6.1 and 7.1..., also I've changed the DB2APP.dll component wich is supposed to include de undefined symbol.

Did you solve this problem?

Regards