Unanswered: SQL Server 2000 equivalent of BLOB

Hi all,

We had an application developed in Java and this was using DB2 as RDBMS. In this application, we were able to take the path of a file as an argument and store it in database. The data type of the column storing this file was BLOB.

Now we are developing the same application to work on SQL Server 2000. I'm new to this software, so I have difficulty in determining the SQL Server-equivalents of our stucture in DB2.

My question is this:
    Which data type should I use to store files? Binary/varbinary, image and text.. all seems to be suitable for the task at first sight but I'm not sure which one to choose.

Any help will be appreciated.

Kezban
    Kezban

Re: SQL Server 2000 equivalent of BLOB

Answer to my own question :

"Columns of image data can be used to store variable-length binary data exceeding 8 KB, such as Microsoft Word documents, Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, and images that include bitmaps, Graphics Interchange Format (GIF), and Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG) files.

In general, use varbinary for storing binary data, unless the length of the data exceeds 8 KB, in which case you should use image. "

BOL - Binary Data

Before asking here, I had looked through BOL a hundred times but I must have overlooked it !!
    Kezban