Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    6

    Question Unanswered: Why Oracle 8i parse the query so much of time??

    I use ADO to connect to an oracle database 8.1.7 in an application written in Delphi (TADOConn.., TADOQuery,..). Look at the result of
    TKPROF:

    call count cpu elapsed disk query current rows
    ------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------
    Parse 6618 8.75 13.29 0 0 0 0
    Execute 3309 2.34 4.53 0 0 0 0
    Fetch 6307 3.24 3.31 12 120262 0 2998
    ------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------
    total 16234 14.33 21.13 12 120262 0 2998


    This is somebody has an idea why it there so much of parse; My
    sga is 80 MG and my db_block_buffer = 8000 and only one connection
    to the database

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,171
    Provided Answers: 1

    Re: Why Oracle 8i parse the query so much of time??

    Originally posted by saadh
    I use ADO to connect to an oracle database 8.1.7 in an application written in Delphi (TADOConn.., TADOQuery,..). Look at the result of
    TKPROF:

    call count cpu elapsed disk query current rows
    ------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------
    Parse 6618 8.75 13.29 0 0 0 0
    Execute 3309 2.34 4.53 0 0 0 0
    Fetch 6307 3.24 3.31 12 120262 0 2998
    ------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------
    total 16234 14.33 21.13 12 120262 0 2998


    This is somebody has an idea why it there so much of parse; My
    sga is 80 MG and my db_block_buffer = 8000 and only one connection
    to the database

    Thanks in advance
    Looks like your app doesn't use bind variables, which it should.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    6

    Re: Why Oracle 8i parse the query so much of time??

    Originally posted by andrewst
    Looks like your app doesn't use bind variables, which it should.

    Yes I do..

    here is the query
    SELECT *
    FROM
    G_OPTION WHERE ID_G_LOGICIEL = :V00001 AND ID_G_USAGER = :V00002 AND
    DESCRIPTION=:V00003

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,171
    Provided Answers: 1

    Re: Why Oracle 8i parse the query so much of time??

    Originally posted by saadh
    Yes I do..

    here is the query
    SELECT *
    FROM
    G_OPTION WHERE ID_G_LOGICIEL = :V00001 AND ID_G_USAGER = :V00002 AND
    DESCRIPTION=:V00003
    Good! Well next thing is to ensure you parse once, execute many times - rather than parse/execute every time. See this link for more details:

    http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p...:9579513127824

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •