Thread: Sem 2000

Unanswered: Sem 2000

Hi,
    New to the forum. I currently use SQL 7.0 and another department in our company has built a project in SQL 2000. I know the 7.0 SEM cannot be used but is there a way to just get SEM 2000 by itself? I don't have access to the SQL 2000 CD's nor do I know if there would be licensing issues if I could.
    Thanks.

I am assuming you are talking about Sql Enterprise Manager... if so, then yes. Every SQL 2000 Server edition includes a license for the SQL Server Client tools. You will need to go through the regular sql 2k install, but when given the option, select client tools. It gives you the desktop tools, but not the data engine, and will allow you to connect to a 2k server or a 7.0 server.

SQL Ent Mgr

Originally posted by Pigeon
    I am assuming you are talking about Sql Enterprise Manager... if so, then yes. Every SQL 2000 Server edition includes a license for the SQL Server Client tools. You will need to go through the regular sql 2k install, but when given the option, select client tools. It gives you the desktop tools, but not the data engine, and will allow you to connect to a 2k server or a 7.0 server.
    --------------
    Thanks for responding. I actually only have the disks for 7.0 and was actually wondering if you can get just the client tools somewhere, specifically Enterprise Mgr, without having to own SQL 2000.