Unanswered: MS Access Pivot Table & web

hello,

I have created a data access page in Access 2000 that is linked to a query which fetches about 26000 records. When i try to build a pivot table on the data access page, it will only access about 4000 records or so. If I build the same pivot table in a form, it will fetch all of the records. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what i could be doing wrong?

Thanks,
    George

Re: MS Access Pivot Table & web

This is a late reply, but I know many people will run into this (as I recently did. There is a default within the data access pages that limits the number of records being fetched. It looks lik the following, and is on each page.

<a:MaxRecords>10000</a:MaxRecords>

I was able to change the number using a text editor, and my data access pages worked fine.

Hope this helps,

Sreeny

Originally posted by gabryan
    hello,

I have created a data access page in Access 2000 that is linked to a query which fetches about 26000 records. When i try to build a pivot table on the data access page, it will only access about 4000 records or so. If I build the same pivot table in a form, it will fetch all of the records. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what i could be doing wrong?

Thanks,
    George

Also just as a related side issue it's just the limited nature of data access pages that the user's computer needs to be able to establish a client-side connection to the database. That's why data access pages aren't really used much on the Internet.
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips