Unanswered: FM 5.5v2 updater error 1305

I am running FM 5.5v1 and trying to install the 5.5v2 updater. During the install I get "error 1305 error reading from file C:\windows\installer\20eac5.msi". The file is there and appears to work ok. I have also tried this with antivirus disabled as per a forum item I read. I also have the FM 5.5v1 CD in the drive while trying to do the install. Any thoughts??? Thanks, Craig

Re: FM 5.5v2 updater error 1305

Originally posted by cdubois
    I am running FM 5.5v1 and trying to install the 5.5v2 updater. During the install I get "error 1305 error reading from file C:\windows\installer\20eac5.msi". The file is there and appears to work ok. I have also tried this with antivirus disabled as per a forum item I read. I also have the FM 5.5v1 CD in the drive while trying to do the install. Any thoughts??? Thanks, Craig
    Are you using Windows XP? If yes. Unzip the updater with winzip because it's a self extracter file. The unziped files will work fine.

Marcel

Thanks for the reply Marcel.
    Its win98SE. After speaking with filemaker support they suggested to unzip the "FileMaker Updater 5.5v2.exe" rather than just "FMP_5.5v2.zip". Going from memory here, think I have the filenames close. Then the install works.........

Craig