Question Unanswered: ASIQ ASE and JDBC

We have a client that switched from ASE to ASIQ and our product, which worked fine going against ASE, now fails. Our product uses JDBC to connect to the database.

I know very little about ASIQ, but I would be very surprised if the jConnect driver for ASE is the same one for ASIQ. I have googled until I am blue in the face and have not found any definitive statements one way or the other.

Can someone confirm that the drivers are different (as I would have to believe given the differences in the underlying architectures), or are, in fact, cross compatible?

TIA,
    Dave Clark

Hiya there,

AS IQ 12.4.2 and above runs on the ASA database engine which is infact compatible with the jConnect 5.5 JDBC driver.

Cheers,

Willy

Thanks Willy. Great info. A quick follow up question. Can the client run against ASE (12.0) and ASIQ (12.4.3) with jConnect5.2? We are trying to convince them to upgrade, of course, but...

thanks,
    dc

Yes, jConnect 5.2 can connect to ASE 12.0 and AS IQ 12.4.3

I think Sybase End of Life'ed jConnect 5.2 recently, doesn't mean it stops working though!

Check with Sybase support for an official word on this one.
    Originally posted by mnmdad
    Thanks Willy. Great info. A quick follow up question. Can the client run against ASE (12.0) and ASIQ (12.4.3) with jConnect5.2? We are trying to convince them to upgrade, of course, but...

thanks,
    dc