Question Unanswered: Connect Time and Idle Time doesn't work

Hello all!
    I hope someone can help me with this problem.
    I have an Oracle 8i client on Windows XP Professional connected to an Oracle 8i server on Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Both machines are in a workgroup environment and there are no real problems with connectivity. I can do all my labs in this setup, except for one that deals with profiles. I configured a profile with a 1 minute Idle Time and assigned this profile to an account, but the account doesn't seem to disconnect. I had the account logged into sql*plus and after about 2 minutes of doing nothing on the client, I do a query and it stays connected. I tried this several times, waiting even longer. The Connect Time setting in the profile also does not work, but the password lockout setting works when I changed it from default of 3 to 2. Did I overlook a setting or is there a service I should be running to get these "time" profile settings to work?

BTW: I did searches on Google and Google Groups, but I couldn't find any relevant information.
    Last edited by amujee; 08-24-03 at 06:33.

did you set resource_limit=true in the init<SID>.ora

Talking thank you!

Thank you osy45
    My init.ora file did not have an entry for RESOURCE_LIMIT parameter so I just added it and bounced the server. Now the profile seems to works correctly. I don't know why this wasn't setup by default.

BTW: Now that I know what to look for, I'm finding a bunch of answers to my original question on Google.
    Last edited by amujee; 08-25-03 at 15:45.