Unanswered: DB2 v8 Licensing / Prices

Hello

I'm quite new to DB2 and I've tried to find the cheapest db2 version for my project the whole day now but i just don't find what i exactly need on the ibm page (am i too stupid or what???).

I should set up a database for a small company with in the first year 5 clients connecting to that database, and in the second year 10 clients connecting to that database. now they also asked me which version of db2 they got to buy, but i just dont get it how the licensing model from ibm is working, and i think their page doesn't give much information about that (or i'm too stupid to find it - but i dont think so...?..)

so i'm now asking in this forum: what db2 version (workgroup server, workgroup unlimitted server, ....) do i need to buy, what does it coast to have a db2 v8 server and the rights that five clients can connect to that server??

and the same once again: what do i need to buy that 10 clients can connect to that database??

i just didnt find any list of the prices on the ibm-page.. hope you can help me

Elias

Re: DB2 v8 Licensing / Prices

Well, have a read through this article ....

http://www7b.boulder.ibm.com/dmdd/li...ikopoulos.html

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Re: DB2 v8 Licensing / Prices

For a quick reference, try this:

http://www-3.ibm.com/software/data/db2/linux/offer/

dollar

Originally posted by egerber
    Hello

I'm quite new to DB2 and I've tried to find the cheapest db2 version for my project the whole day now but i just don't find what i exactly need on the ibm page (am i too stupid or what???).

I should set up a database for a small company with in the first year 5 clients connecting to that database, and in the second year 10 clients connecting to that database. now they also asked me which version of db2 they got to buy, but i just dont get it how the licensing model from ibm is working, and i think their page doesn't give much information about that (or i'm too stupid to find it - but i dont think so...?..)

so i'm now asking in this forum: what db2 version (workgroup server, workgroup unlimitted server, ....) do i need to buy, what does it coast to have a db2 v8 server and the rights that five clients can connect to that server??

and the same once again: what do i need to buy that 10 clients can connect to that database??

i just didnt find any list of the prices on the ibm-page.. hope you can help me

Elias