Thread: Passed SQL Exam

Thumbs up Unanswered: Passed SQL Exam

I passed 70-228 Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition on Monday!!!

Now on to 70-229 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Database Design and Implementation for the MCDBA

For my preparation , i used HotCerts.com Guides & transcenders . HotCerts had questions which were very close to the real exams . They are highly recommended . Now iam off to 070-229 . Good luck future aspriants

Can I get into the MCDBA course online? take the exam online? earn the certificate online???

Just wondering!
    Patrick Chua
    LBMS ( Learn By My Self) NPQ ( No paper Qualification )

I gave up on mcdba. It's like trying to shoot a moving target. I had all the sql exams taken except for 1 elective when 6.5 was around and 7.0 just came out. 3 months later they retired 6.5 stuff and I had to re-take everything all over.

I'm hesitating to start with the complete mcdba certification. On the one hand it's a proof of knowledge (if you didn't just read books), but on the other hand I don't like the structure. I don't get why only 2 of the 4 exams are about sql server. I agree that you have to have some knowledge on the operating system, but if I wanted to be a windows guru I would take the mcse certification.
    Johan

>> On the one hand it's a proof of knowledge
    Unfortunately it's not.

See http://www.sqlmag.com/Articles/Index...rticleID=39941

But it does get MicroSoft a lot of money to continue development .

Congratulations on passing though.

Provided Answers: 1
    Anyone else notice that that was sqlman's first post?

Maybe I'm just cynical, but it looks like a shameless and deceptive plug for a website he is probably associated with. I don't see much difference between that and SPAM, so Hotcerts.com is one site I WON'T be recommending.

blindman