Question Unanswered: Program breaks to code

When debugging a module associated with a form, I often use a breakpoint. After resolving the bug I remove the breakpoint and save the module.

Here's the problem...

When the form is opened the program will break to the module code with a yellow line highlighting the line where the breakpoint had been set. Pressing F5 will cause the program to run and alls well.

Why is the program stopping at the point of the removed breakpoint?

Thanks

This small bug has quickly become the bane of my life. It seems to do it if you save changes to a module or form without removing the breakpoint before hand (at least I think that is when it does it (it does it so often I loose track)).
    The solution to this problem is to comment out the line that it stops on and retype the code of that line on the next line down.
    I keep meaning to mail Microsoft about it (not that I think they will care) but I never seem to get round to it!

Talking Code Break

Hi;

Thanks for the tip...
    It's good to know I'm not the only one with this problem. I have XP Pro and Access 2002 and it appears to me that there are several problems with the way these products handle VBA code. Somebody could probably write a book on the subject.

Thanks Again....

Originally posted by emma_com
    This small bug has quickly become the bane of my life. It seems to do it if you save changes to a module or form without removing the breakpoint before hand (at least I think that is when it does it (it does it so often I loose track)).
    The solution to this problem is to comment out the line that it stops on and retype the code of that line on the next line down.
    I keep meaning to mail Microsoft about it (not that I think they will care) but I never seem to get round to it!

Re: Code Break

I have tried to recreate this problem on my pc but can not. I tried saving a module while i have a break point set. I use break points all the time while testing. Are you using the latest service packs for Office \ Access. Have you tried doing a full compile (from the debug menu).

Re: Code Break

Hi;

Yes I have the latest SR's. This happens only intermittantly. Most of the time it is not a problem.

Another example of where it can happen is... copy the xxx.mdb to a CD then copy the xxx.mdb from the CD on to another computer. When you open the mdb on the second computer the program halts where breakpoints had been set (and removed and a save done) on the original computer. Go figure

Thanks for your suggestion.

It's been suggested to do a decompile on the mdb. I've tried that but cant tell if it helped because of the intemittancy.

Originally posted by bscorer
    I have tried to recreate this problem on my pc but can not. I tried saving a module while i have a break point set. I use break points all the time while testing. Are you using the latest service packs for Office \ Access. Have you tried doing a full compile (from the debug menu).