Thread: datafile reuse

Unanswered: datafile reuse

i installed oracle9i on win 2000. A default database was created during oracle9i installation. And i have a rk.dbf (datafile) with me. All the tables that belong to the datafile(rk.dbf) were created with the default tablespace 'sagar' previously. for that reason i created a new tablespace in that database with name 'sagar' and reused the datafile rk.dbf. I created a user 'cpdcl' with default tablespace 'sagar' and granted dba role to 'cpdcl'.
    My problem is iam unable to query the tables data existing in the rk.dbf datafile. How to retrive the data from rk.dbf datafile. please respond.

kkravi

Solution 1.
    create public synonyms for every object in the rk.dbf datafile.

What user did you import the data as?

Solution 2.
    Export the data from that schema and import into the schema you want.
    - The_Duck
    you can lead someone to something but they will never learn anything ...

first point...
    when iam selecting tablename from dba_segment or dba_tables dict.tables with the tablespace_name='SAGAR' criteria iam getting ' no rows selected'. so i can't create synonyms on objects of rk.dbf file.

second point....

i don't have export dump. i blindly created a tablespace with the existing datafile(rk.dbf) with REUSE option.

Originally posted by The_Duck
    Solution 1.
    create public synonyms for every object in the rk.dbf datafile.

What user did you import the data as?

Solution 2.
    Export the data from that schema and import into the schema you want.

If you created new tablespace 'reusing' existing file thendata in this file is gone.
    'Create tablespace' creates new, empty tablespace. 'Reuse' means that you have an old file that you want to use to store new data.

Originally posted by kkravi
    first point...
    when iam selecting tablename from dba_segment or dba_tables dict.tables with the tablespace_name='SAGAR' criteria iam getting ' no rows selected'. so i can't create synonyms on objects of rk.dbf file.

second point....

i don't have export dump. i blindly created a tablespace with the existing datafile(rk.dbf) with REUSE option.