Unanswered: Pervasive Service Problem

After rebooting of our 2000 Windows Server, the Pervasive Transactional and Relational services starts (no errors), but appears to not function properly. The services have to be restarted manually a couple of times before they function. Has anyone else experienced this problem or know of a fix -

Not exactly - I was speaking to one of our customers a couple of weeks ago, and he was finding that on their new server, while it was being tested and waiting to be added to the proper network, he was having to stop and start the services if they left it alone for 24 hours or so. If he didn't he'd start getting status 20s.

Now it's in proper use everything seems fine.

When you say that it doesn't appear to function correctly, are you seeing any status codes?

Neil

Neil,
    Thank you for responding -
    I do not get any type of error message under the services, but when I try to pull up the Pervasive Control Center and log into a database, the error says - Connection DB Failed - Pervasive ODBC Client interface Client LNA Connection attempt timed out - The SQL Connecdtion Manager may be in active or using a different transport protocol from the client -
    I then restart Pervasive's Relational Service, and am able to get the login screen for the database

Also another note - Under the Pervasive Control Center - The configuration under the server name only shows the client 16 configuration, it will not show the server configuation until I restart the service -

By the way, I am running SQL 200i SP3. I did load SP4 and the hot fix, but that didn't solve the problem either.

Thank you,
    Sharon