South Africa

Unanswered: DAVID/ASPNET Sql connection problem!!

I am having a problem with .net ms sql connections...

My situation: I log onto my computer (Windows XP Pro) using the administrator account.
    I have MSDE installed, with NT authorization.
    I created a quick connection in Web Matrix, and ran the code using the ASP.NET web matrix server - It ran perfectly, so i know the connection string is good, and so is all the other code i used for the connection... I know that it used the administrator account to access the sql server.

Then i copied and pasted the exact working code i had in web matrix to Visual, and tried to run it using IIS, but it gave the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Login failed for user 'DAVID\ASPNET'.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'DAVID\ASPNET'.

Source Error:

Line 11: Dim myCommand As New SqlCommand(CommandText, myConnection)
    Line 12:
    Line 13: myConnection.Open()
    Line 14:
    Line 15: ' Create Instance of Connection and Command Object
    I only have MSDE installed on my PC, so i ran the following in DOS:

cd "c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn"
    osql -E -S DAVID -Q "sp_grantlogin 'DAVID\ASPNET'"
    osql -E -S DAVID -d myDB -Q "sp_grantdbaccess 'DAVID\ASPNET'"
    osql -E -S DAVID -d myDB -Q "sp_addrolemember 'db_owner', 'DAVID\ASPNET'"
    So now ASPNET should have full access to the sql server. (Stored Procedures ran fine, and the roles and accounts were created successfully.)

So i ran the code in IIS again, but still the same error!

I have even tried re-installing!
    I havent tried re-installing MSDE because i dont want to loose my data, but if i have to, then i guess i have to...

What do i do??

Delft, The Netherlands (EU)

Re: DAVID/ASPNET Sql connection problem!!

I'm sure you understood, that your SQL Server did not accept DAVID\ASPNET as a login name?! Either there is indeed not such a user, or maybe you took the back-slash instead the slash. Could you post your connection string?
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler! - A. Einstein
    DB Problems? DB Explorer, BTrieve Re-engineering, DB Conversions & ETL? Conversion Tool

South Africa
    I will get the connection string to you asap - its at home, not at work, so only tomorrow...

When installing the .NET framework, the user ASPNET is automatically added. ASP.NET uses this user for all the interaction it makes with the server (in most cases). So anyway - the ASPNET user is there, and my computer name is DAVID, and so is my SQL server instance called DAVID.

Ill try with the forward slash instead of using a back slash, but im pretty sure that i did it the right way... I copied it exactly as the asp error page had it...