Unanswered: Error #name in new control on form

I made a form based on a select * query on three tables. One of those table has fields name : Addres1, Address2, ... Address7.
    On the form base on qryOverviewUlm, I inserted a Calculated Text wherein I like to add the contents of those 7 fields by entering in the ControlSource following expression : =[qryOverviewUlm]![Address 1] & " " & [qryOverviewUlm]![Address 2] ...
    The result is : #name?
    The spreadsheet function dynamic link library file, Msowcf.dll, is situated in c:\program files\microsoft office.\office.

Re: Error #name in new control on form

Try adding one address at a time until the error occurs, i have a feeling that this may be something to do with NULL values, if it is you can get around it by the following (append a blank string to the end and this will convert to a string and stop the #name error):

=([qryOverviewUlm]![Address 1] & "") & " " & ([qryOverviewUlm]![Address 2] & "")...

No, it doesn't work.
    Let me further explain:
    the addresses are strings of eight characters long and are typically like this : EBBRZPZX;EBBUZFZX;EGTTZFZX;... ( ";" is being used as a separator here). (These are special addresses to send flightplans and related messages over a dedicated telex network).
    What I would like in this field is one string, composed out of the 7 fields of the records, separated by a blank to get this :
    EBBRZPZX EBBUZFZX EGTTZFZX ... There are blanks in some fields, but I only tried with three fields at one time and I'm sure all those two first ones are non-blanks.

Would you please post the db?

It sound like there's an incorrect spelling somewhere. In my experience a #name error is always related with incorrect datasource spelling... and sometimes another pair of eyes helps!
    Marco
    ---Do not send e-mail---
    "New Big Bang Theory: God said unzip universe"

Wink

Tks very much with your help. I thought of this too, but could not find a problem. The expression was made by clicking, not typing.
    There is only one form, you can not be mistaken. Tks for your help already.
    I did not apply the solution offered by the previous colleague.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm sorry it took so long, but just a minute before you posted the file I was away from the office. As soon as I opened the db I found the problem. You put

=[qryOverviewUlm]![Address 1] & " " & [qryOverviewUlm]![Address 2] ...

as datasource where [qryOverviewUlm] is a query. Obviously it won't run just because the query is not running. The form is based on a 'custom' query.

Solution?

Just take away [qryOverviewUlm]! and works perfectly.

eg: =[Address 1] & " " & [Address 2] ...

Ah! Enlarge the text box if you don't want the text to 'drop' in a second or third line.
    Marco
    ---Do not send e-mail---
    "New Big Bang Theory: God said unzip universe"

Cool

Sorry for my late answer. tks very much, it works.