Hop to - needs help

I was messing around testing and validating the code on my site when I noticed a problem with the usenet template Hop to box giving me a file not found error. I popped in over here to see if yours worked and well'la it is broken too.

What's weird is, it did work here after messing around trying different things... but it would fail again if I closed the browser, opened my desktop shortcut to your site again, went straight to ms-access usenet forum, and then try to use the Hop to box... it will throw me back to the main page. (your custom 404 file not found?)

I think your forumjump template may have the same problem as mine, I had to remove the $bburl/ from the forumjump template here.

onchange="window.location=('$bburl/forumdisplay.php?s=$session

TO:
    onchange="window.location=('forumdisplay.php?s=$se ssion

Anyway, I thought you would want to know. I am still flipping amazed that posting traffic has not picked up for either of our sites. I guess it's time to quit messing with the code and start some creative advertising.

Oh by the way Paul... I hope you don't mind that I borrowed (ripped) your vB navigation bar. It was just the idea I've been looking for but couldn't come up with myself. I'm thinking about changing the table background to individual tabs for the options but still keep the options text.

Hope things are going well for you.

Cheers!

Thanks Larry. All fixed now. It was the mod_rewrite stuff I set up to generate search engine friendly url's that was causing the problems. It seems to be ignoring the base url tag so I had to go through all the templates and prefix every url with $ bburl

I've probably missed a few so I'll revisit it tomorrow.

I've been working on the usenet hack but the changes are getting so many that I'm actually getting further away from a release date . I've changed some of the modules that I was using and made use of some new ones. It seems to have been worth it though. A lot of the problems have cleared up. I haven't installed it on this site yet as I've still got a lot of testing to do.

As much as I would like to have the next release I understand perfectly.

Being that you are waist deep in the code I'm going to throw another idea in the pot. How about changing the auto purge to a per/group value instead of one number for all groups. I have several busy groups that I could easily purge every 10 days.

If you think it will be weeks yet before you have a working release, what are the chances of me being able to hacking in the moderator bit? If I could turn on posting I would then start advertizing my forums.

Let me know how it goes and if I can help just shout.