Thread: set explain on

Unhappy Unanswered: set explain on

I am looking for a way to retrieve the "set explain on" results (usually in sqexplain.out) without writing to the file. My sql statements are executed via a perl cgi script and therefore, the user does not necessarily have an account to write to.

Also, I have not been able to execute a prepared compound sql statment that includes the "set explain on" statement followed by a select statement. Any insights?
    Ex: $sth = $dbh->prepare("set explain on;
    select * from tablename where field < condition;
    set explain off");
    $sth->execute();

Re: set explain on

Originally posted by darryl2468
    I am looking for a way to retrieve the "set explain on" results (usually in sqexplain.out) without writing to the file. My sql statements are executed via a perl cgi script and therefore, the user does not necessarily have an account to write to.

Also, I have not been able to execute a prepared compound sql statment that includes the "set explain on" statement followed by a select statement. Any insights?
    Ex: $sth = $dbh->prepare("set explain on;
    select * from tablename where field < condition;
    set explain off");
    $sth->execute();
    Hi,

I think what there is no form to change the exit, if it is possible to be avoided of output the SELECT, runinnig SET EXPLAIN ON AVOID EXECUTE, in Informix greater version 9.x.
    In Windows the output of file this in %INFORMIXDIR%\sqexpln\username.out.
    In Unix this in the directory of the ususario.
    You would rot rename the output file.

Gustavo.