Unanswered: Formatting text in Queries-Colors and Underline

My first posting, and I thank you in advance for any help.

We are running a query in ACCESS 2000, and basically constructing one large text field, being put together from results of other queries.

This text construction will eventually be put into the report so there isn't a way (as far as I know) to edit it then (I'm just pulling it in as the query field "TEXT").

Does anyone know how then to format the text as we're constructing it in the query to perhaps make one word underlined, another blue, instead of black etc.

I tried using an expression for (rgb), but it didn't work. Perhaps I didn't format it correctly.

A sample of what we're running is:
    "Your Geographic analysis was prepared using the trade area(s) for at a ZIP level and has a total of 7,946,244 households"

How do I format to color "Geographic" blue, or underline the Household total?

Sorry for the length of this...I just wanted to make sure I was clear on what was going on.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
    Dante33

Re: Formatting text in Queries-Colors and Underline

I do not think it is possible. You can set underline, forecolor and backcolor propeties of the control (i.e. the text box) but not for parts of the text in the text box. Instead of putting the data to a text box you could write out an HTML page using HTML tags to colour and underline certain parts of the text data.

Another solution is to divide your result in pieces, and put them in different controls.
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler! - A. Einstein
    DB Problems? DB Explorer, BTrieve Re-engineering, DB Conversions & ETL? Conversion Tool

Originally posted by DoktorBlue
    Another solution is to divide your result in pieces, and put them in different controls.
    ------

Thank so much for the reply and inventive solution. We have actually attempted this before and it does work somewhat. I think the problem we had (which lead us to try just ONE text black), is that depending on what check boxes etc people pick on the form, the text itself changes with it's wording etc. So what was happening is that we would set the different text blocks in the report, but then there would be awkward gaps because of the dynamically changing text around.

Thank you again though for your help...I'm glad I found this web site. Good Stuff

Dante33