Unanswered: XP Compatability / DBase 4.0

Thank you in advance for any and all help...

I don't know if there is a possible solution for this, but our company has a program that was written in Visual DBase 4.0. The programmer who wrote the program is no longer employed with us. We do own the program, however do not have the sourcecode.

We have only been successful at running this program in Windows 98 / ME / or 2000. We would like to upgrade the entire company to XP.

We currently have a test machine running XP and the program sees all of the files, but when attempting to reach the first file (passwd.wfm) we get the error - Database Engine Error - Invalid file name.

Does anyone have any possible solution.

Re: XP Compatability / DBase 4.0

Any chance this is related to DB2 ?

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Originally posted by SMills
    Thank you in advance for any and all help...

I don't know if there is a possible solution for this, but our company has a program that was written in Visual DBase 4.0. The programmer who wrote the program is no longer employed with us. We do own the program, however do not have the sourcecode.

We have only been successful at running this program in Windows 98 / ME / or 2000. We would like to upgrade the entire company to XP.

We currently have a test machine running XP and the program sees all of the files, but when attempting to reach the first file (passwd.wfm) we get the error - Database Engine Error - Invalid file name.

Does anyone have any possible solution.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Oops

I appologize, the correct version is 5.6...

After Installin Visual DB riight click on icon click on compatibility and set it to windows 98, this will allow you to use 5.6 without having problems in an NTFS envire.