Unanswered: Tomcat server.xml & admin tool & datasource errors

I am trying to track down a problem that I am having with Tomcat. I am trying to set up a datasource that I can use with JNDI. I created the datasource with the admin tool. The problem is when I am in the admin tool and I go into a specific <Context/>, and choose DataSources, I get an Exception that basically states:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Exception retrieving attribute 'driverClassName'
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.servic e(JspServletWrapper.java:248)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFil e(JspServlet.java:295)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspSe rvlet.java:241)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:853)

etc...

I have checked the server.xml file and the parameter for driverClassName is there. Does anyone know why this would happen?

I am basically trying to set up JNDI for a JDBC connection to a database. Has anyone done this successfully that is willing to share how you got it to work? I feel I have tried everything from the Tomcat website...

Thanks in Advance...

Re: Tomcat server.xml & admin tool & datasource errors

Actually I was able to determine that I had some funky setting in my server.xml. I fixed that, but now I have an entirely different problem. When accessing a servlet, I get this: SQLException address already in use. Any ideas?

Thanks In Advance....

How did you resolve it?

Hi,

I am currently having a similar problem with following error message:
    javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception retrieving attribute 'driverClassName'
    at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePa geException(PageContextImpl.java:677)
    at admin.resources.listDataSources_jsp._jspService(li stDataSources_jsp.java:526)
    at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(Http JspBase.java:136)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:856)

Just wondering if your solution might apply to this problem aswell.
    Do you mind providing further details?

Thanks
    Sevgi

Hi there,

I've got exactly the same problem in the administration GUI. How did you solve this problem? I'm clueless...

(j2sdk1.4.1_5 and tomcat 4.1.27 freshly installed)

Gr,
    Iggy.

Hi, I encountered the same problem and on internet, I have only seen some people saying that they found the solution without mentioning the solution itself.

Does anyone know where I can actually find the solution?

Ben

Mee too
    Tomcat 4.1.29 JSDK1.4.1_02 on win2k
    Any ideas or hints?