Thread: Calander

Unanswered: Calander

Hi guys...

I know this would sound very easy to most of you, but for me it's a headache!

In my project, for all the reports, I am asking for "FROM" and "TO" dates, for the date range. Now, I want to use a calander, from which I could select these dates and store those vakues for my report condition.

I sure would get an instant reply from one of you....

I thank you much in advance.

access has a built in calander activex function.
    create a new form and place the activex calander on it. you can then add abutton to open this form and use the dates selected to be passed back to the origional form.

Thanks a lot for your reply. I know I could use that, but only if I have that in my ActiveX control list!! I don't see that in my ActiveX control list... Any suggestions please?

Or is there a way I could create my own Calander.. Any Idea?

Cool MsCal ActiveX

Please tell me which win and office version you are using.

i'm using xp, but this will also work for 2000.

you will need to find a copy of MSCAL.ocx on the internet somewhere (i can't attach it to this message). give me your email and i will send it to you.

save the MSCAL.ocx file to your Office10 folder in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\

then go to access and select activex and the register. browse fo this file and select ok. you will then be able to use the activex canander control.

Re: MsCal ActiveX

Sorry for the delay as I was out of town. I am using Win98 (second Edition) and Office 2000. Also the software runs from the network.

Thanks...

You can add the file MSCAL.ocx from another computer that uses Office 2000 or send me your mail to send you something else that I use.

My opinion is don't use this ActiveX very often specially when you develop a program that will be installed in another pc. For better results always include in your applications as a file the Calendar ActiveX.

How could I do that? As I am using this type of control for the first time, I don't wan't to mess-up my existing program, as all staff members are working on it.

Also let me make myself more clear. I need calendar as I want users to click on the dates for the report period, like starting and ending date. Does it click you any better / easier way out?

Thanks for your response though...

In my opinion is more convinient to use subnet masks rather than a calendar to pick dates. I know it is something cool, but....
    Also you have to test your application and in the other pcs and just in case of emergency have a copy of the calendar ActiveX to install because you will get error messages if it doesn't exists.

See the attached folder!!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I just downloaded the zip file. Let me work on that and would get back to you. Thanx a lot for your help...