Question Unanswered: Converting -1 to double

Hi,

On the product I work on there are a lot of User Defined Types, which are used to create tables.

I am currently testing inserting some information and am getting the following error message:

object exceeds its maximum in-row size. Large Objects are not supported in this version

The UDT's I'm inserting into are trying to store the data as a double/float (Whatever it is in Informix) and most of my data ranges from 1 to 10 so I do not see a problem with this. However, in a couple of places I have the number -1.

I am curious if there is any issue in informix in creating a double/float with the value -1.

Cheers,

Tom

Re: Converting -1 to double

Originally posted by toml
    Hi,

On the product I work on there are a lot of User Defined Types, which are used to create tables.

I am currently testing inserting some information and am getting the following error message:

object exceeds its maximum in-row size. Large Objects are not supported in this version

The UDT's I'm inserting into are trying to store the data as a double/float (Whatever it is in Informix) and most of my data ranges from 1 to 10 so I do not see a problem with this. However, in a couple of places I have the number -1.

I am curious if there is any issue in informix in creating a double/float with the value -1.

Cheers,

Tom
    Hi, Tom

What is then type of data of columns ?, and what error number ?

Gustavo.