Unanswered: Backup Jobs are hanging

I am running MS SQL 7. This server has been running fine for 2+ years. Recently, all of the backup jobs stopped running.

I have 5 jobs that run. 4 of them are backup jobs and one runs a Stored Procedure. The Stored Procedure still runs perfectly, but all the backup jobs are getting stuck at the status 'Executing Job Step '1 (step 1)'

I am not sure what else to say. If there is any other information I should give, please be specific to what it is. Thanks.

I've run into a similar situation a couple of months ago on my client's site. Turned out their "System Administrator" nuked SQLSvrService and SQLAgentService accounts and then re-created them. I had to set both services to run as system account before re-assigning them to run under appropriate accounts. After that all went back to normal and the admin guy cannot access sql server anymore

how can i tell if this is the case?

Check Date Created and Last Modified properties of your service accounts in AD.

AD? I am sorry but I am not sure what that is.

Sorry, Active Directory...I assume you have it implemented? If not then it's on your Domain Controller/Domain Users and Computers.