Unanswered: Embedded Pervasive Data Export

Hello all,

This is a very broad question but i really don't know where to begin. Basically there is some software that contains data that i need to transfer to another database. All i know about this software is that the data is stored using Pervasive and it must be embedded into the application because the client doesn't have a pervasive server running. How can i go about getting the data from this software into the new database? Are there files with certain extensions that i should be searching for? Any ideas? I know it's a broad question but i have to start somewhere. Thanks.

Provided Answers: 4

Re: Embedded Pervasive Data Export

In order to read a Pervasive data file, you are going to need a Pervasive engine. THere's no east way to read a Pervasive file without the engine. Once you've got the engine, you can write a custom application or use a third party tool to extract the data.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

Originally posted by bryanj
    Hello all,

This is a very broad question but i really don't know where to begin. Basically there is some software that contains data that i need to transfer to another database. All i know about this software is that the data is stored using Pervasive and it must be embedded into the application because the client doesn't have a pervasive server running. How can i go about getting the data from this software into the new database? Are there files with certain extensions that i should be searching for? Any ideas? I know it's a broad question but i have to start somewhere. Thanks.
    Bryan,

Have you learned any more about this? I am in exactly the same situation.

Thanks,

John

If you need to figure out what is the structure of the Data File then we can probably help you out.

We have developed our own DDF Sniffer tool to parse out unknown data files. Although we sell a number of tools for Creating DDF files and exporting data we do not sell our DDF Sniffer tool and instead only use it ourselves as part of our services.

We can help you get the DDF definition. And we do have other tools that can easily export the data into any file or database format.

http://www.classicsoftware.com

Originally posted by JimR
    If you need to figure out what is the structure of the Data File then we can probably help you out.

We have developed our own DDF Sniffer tool to parse out unknown data files. Although we sell a number of tools for Creating DDF files and exporting data we do not sell our DDF Sniffer tool and instead only use it ourselves as part of our services.

We can help you get the DDF definition. And we do have other tools that can easily export the data into any file or database format.

http://www.classicsoftware.com
    Thanks, but I already bought your Data Manager. Its excellent!

John