Unanswered: difference between the run-time, application developer and admin clients

What is the difference between the run-time, application developer and administration clients?

I am mostly writing java apps that will use the "app" driver to access a remote DB2 server. Thus, I am an application developer, but I think I do not really need the appdev client. Is this true? Does that client provide anything to a java programmer?

We are currently still using 7.2.

Provided Answers: 5

Re: difference between the run-time, application developer and admin clients

Run-Time client: has just the drivers and apps to setup and access DB2 servers.

Admin: adds to the runtime by adding admin utilities (Control center, etc).

App Dev: adds the stored procedure builder to the admin client.

HTH

Andy

Originally posted by milkchaser
    What is the difference between the run-time, application developer and administration clients?

I am mostly writing java apps that will use the "app" driver to access a remote DB2 server. Thus, I am an application developer, but I think I do not really need the appdev client. Is this true? Does that client provide anything to a java programmer?

We are currently still using 7.2.

Thumbs up Re: difference between the run-time, application developer and admin clients

Originally posted by ARWinner
    Run-Time client: has just the drivers and apps to setup and access DB2 servers.

Admin: adds to the runtime by adding admin utilities (Control center, etc).

App Dev: adds the stored procedure builder to the admin client.

HTH

Andy
    Thanks, that's the answer I was looking for.