Unanswered: ERROR: "Type mismatch in expression"

I tried to load a database today and keep getting the "Type mismatch in expression" error message, and the database will not load. All my other databases load fine. Any suggestions, as I am very new with ACCESS programming... and except for running queries, I had not made any changes to the code before this problem started happening!

Regards,
    Mitch

mismatched data type

You mean this error message comes up as soon as you launch the database, before you even do anything?

It sounds like a query has been set to run automatically at startup, and there's a mismatched link in that query. (You get this "mismatched data type" error message when you attempt to run a query that links tables on fields that are incompatable--for instance, if you try and link a text field to a number field).

If the database just flat-out won't load, then I don't know what to tell you. But, if you're able to "OK" past the error message, go to Tools > Startup and see if anything is set to run on startup. If there is, make a note of it, and then select "none" as set to run. Then go investigate the item that was set to run automatically and see which links are mismatched.

HTH

Cool Re: ERROR: "Type mismatch in expression"

Try open the mdb holding the Shift key. Then check if there is a macro called autoexec. If you find something like that rename it, delete it or try to fix it. Also check if a form loads onopen your mdb and see the Form_Load and Form_Open procedures for errors. Check these lines if they exist with F8

If problem send me your mdb.