Thread: re :NULL value

Unanswered: re :NULL value

SELECT count(*) INTO :li_count2
    FROM in_cargoinfo
    WHERE registry = :ls_registry
    and document_proc_user = Null
    and document_proc_user = ''
    USING SQLCA;

Is there any problem with my script. I want to select record/documents that has not been processed. I rely my validation in the user information . If user = '' or null then it means this document has not been process. I want to view this information..... Bu upon checking it with my oracle server the document don't have any value so it means this document must be included in the un-processed documents. but upon retrieval in my program, no records occured...

Can you help me with this one....

Provided Answers: 1

Re: re :NULL value

Originally posted by adalson
    SELECT count(*) INTO :li_count2
    FROM in_cargoinfo
    WHERE registry = :ls_registry
    and document_proc_user = Null
    and document_proc_user = ''
    USING SQLCA;

Is there any problem with my script. I want to select record/documents that has not been processed. I rely my validation in the user information . If user = '' or null then it means this document has not been process. I want to view this information..... Bu upon checking it with my oracle server the document don't have any value so it means this document must be included in the un-processed documents. but upon retrieval in my program, no records occured...

Can you help me with this one....
    Oracle is a bit funny about the zero-length string ''. It treats it as synonymous with NULL (contrary to SQL standard). And nothing is ever "equal to" NULL - not even NULL. You have to test it like this:

and document_proc_user is Null