Unanswered: Data Replication Problem

Hello, Thanks in advance...
    I'm trying to setup replication and came across a problem. DB2 does not support replication of columns whose names are longer than 18 characters. I'm talking about length of column name and not the column length. Is there a workaround. I thought about creating a view for the table and create a shorter name for columns. Is there a better way or view creation going to cause any problems...

Hi,

Please give more info about version of db2 you have, operating system name and version, etc.

Please also read the Must Read before posting for more tips how to write efficient question.

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty

Re: Data Replication Problem

I think this is the most elegant and recommended workaround

HTH

sathyaram

Originally posted by Kota
    Hello, Thanks in advance...
    I'm trying to setup replication and came across a problem. DB2 does not support replication of columns whose names are longer than 18 characters. I'm talking about length of column name and not the column length. Is there a workaround. I thought about creating a view for the table and create a shorter name for columns. Is there a better way or view creation going to cause any problems...
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Thanks for the confirmation Sathyaram.

The version I'm using is 7.2 and I saw that 8.1 increased the column name length to 24. AIX 5L