Thread: link tables

Question Unanswered: link tables

OK here's what I got?

without using any of the wizard or the numerous books out there how could I modify a front end application to query link tables from a back end application.
    Let me explain this another way,
    I have the original table which is linked to users application tables. When they try to run the quries the message says, in use or secured by the admin. which is me. I am somewhat new to access, using the wizard made it worst. I just need the team to be able run the queries or reports.

I You haven't described clearly your problem...

Let me try to clear it up.

You've got an Access DB, which uses tables in another MDB file by means of external links.

When any other user tries to connect to these tables, they all get the error you've written.

If this is the case, i'll try to delete, with all users out of the db, the LDB files, then i'll also verify that the vb code in the database does not try Exclusive operations on the tables, such as restructuring, or other similar actions wich require a full exclusive lock on the tables.

If you have any other info on the problem, give it to us!
    The only failure is not trying to do it.

Thumbs up Reply security

yes as you mention, linking from an external database trying to query or execute reports generates an error.

Not sure how to rectify the error, done your suggest you just mention and still the error happens.
    Maybe there's a permission status within the primary database. List some other possibilities you have in mind.

I've got no other direct suggestion, except verifying user and group rights in the tools/protection menu of the db that contains the tables...

Bye!
    The only failure is not trying to do it.

Wink

thanks for your patients