Thread: No adding

Unanswered: No adding

Here's the problem :
    I have a form B that is being called by a button on the main form A.
    Form B is displayed as dialogbox.
    I want the user to be able to see the data, and edit it but he is not allowed to add new records.

The code I used to open the form :
    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmB", , , "[FerrRecipe]=" & "'" & Me![cboRecipe] & "'", acFormEdit, acDialog

Form B is set as a single form, with the property "Allow additions=No". I even set the property "Cycle=Current record".

With all this, you should expect that a user will never be able to go to an empty record (not with scrolling, not with TAB, not with PageDown, etc.)
    However, if the user has a mouse with scrollbutton, he is able to scroll down to an empty record where he can enter data (although that data will not be saved)

I do not want the user to see an empty record! Not even when he accidently scrolls with his mouse!

Anybody any idea how I can prevent this? I thought I covered any possibility but apparantly I didn't....

there is an "On mouse wheel" event. you cold set that to go back to the record you want. not a very efficent way of doing it, but it should solve the problem.

Originally posted by emma_com
    there is an "On mouse wheel" event. you cold set that to go back to the record you want. not a very efficent way of doing it, but it should solve the problem.
    Sorry, no can do : the event "On mouse Wheel" does not exist in my version of Access (version 2000 SR 1). I only have the events "On mouse down", "On mouse Move" and "On mouse Up". These events only have influence on the movement of the mouse or on the clicking of the buttons.

In which version do you find this "On Mouse Wheel" event?

i've got xp version (probably development edition - but i don't know). i'll have a think and see if there is another way of doing it.