Unanswered: CCSID problems making SELECT sentences

Hello.
    I'm working with Native AS400 Data base and OLEDB driver "Data Provider=IBMDA400.DataSource.1" in a Visual Basic App.

I don't have problems calling INSERT, UPDATE and masive SELECT (SELECT * from ...) sentences but... if I do a sentence like this:

SELECT * FROM TABLE WHERE TEXT = 'Función'

no records found... when WHERE criteria have a VARCHAR field with accents o special chars like 'Ñ', ...etc

The problem could be related with CCSID.

I work with CCSID=284 but ... ¿what can I do to have a good comparision of CHARACTER fields?

Thanks

Hi,

Please give more info about version of db2 you have, operating system name and version, etc.

Please also read the Must Read before posting for more tips how to write efficient question.

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty

Originally posted by grofaty
    Hi,

Please give more info about version of db2 you have, operating system name and version, etc.

Please also read the Must Read before posting for more tips how to write efficient question.

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty
    Hello

Sorry I'll try to explain the problem correctly.

I'm developing a client application for Windows2000 Professional using Visual Basic , ado tecnologie and OLEDB connection. I connect with AS/400 NATIVE database NOT DB2 database. DB2 database is not installed.
    AS400 installed is under version 4 release 4
    Yes... I know that this forum is only for DB2 users and developers but i'm desesperated.

Sorry if i d'ont have to do this kind of questions here.

Thanks

Barjal,

I suggest you to try an AS400 Forum at news.software.ibm.com, or to
    https://techsupport.services.ibm.com...t?view=iSeries
    Rodney Krick