Unanswered: Requery a form when moving to another form through a command button

I have 2 forms, one call Agency_Contact and one called AgencyCallRecord.

I have created a command button on the Agency_Contact form that allows me to move to the AgencyCallRecord form filtered so that only calls for that individual are shown, also allowing me to create a new call for that individual.

However, when I create a new Agency_Contact that individual is not listed in the compbo box control on the AgencyCallRecord form.

I have to save the Agency_Contact record before moving to the AgencyCallRecord Form if I want to add a new call against that person.

I want to requery the Agency_Contact when I press the command button an move to the AgencyCallRecord form, but cannot figure out how to do it?!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

hi

i don't know if i got your problem right and if this helps, but you could try to update the second form when saving the record (in the first form).
    you wrote that the second form is open, so you could write a macro which first saves the record, then selects the second form, and then updates the combobox (as i'm using the german ms access version i can't tell you how the instructions are called in the english version).
    hope this helps you anyway!

so long.
    sth_Weird

Not quite right.

What I want to do is press the command button to open the second form, I don't want to have to save the record or move out and back in to the record to save it.

What I need to happen when I press the command button is for the first form to be requeried so that the contact information is available on the second form combobox.

Regards

Originally posted by sth_Weird
    hi

i don't know if i got your problem right and if this helps, but you could try to update the second form when saving the record (in the first form).
    you wrote that the second form is open, so you could write a macro which first saves the record, then selects the second form, and then updates the combobox (as i'm using the german ms access version i can't tell you how the instructions are called in the english version).
    hope this helps you anyway!

so long.
    sth_Weird