Question Help needed with TPC's DBGEN

Hi,

I'm a newbie to this and hope someone out thater can help me with my problem.

I'm trying to compile dbgen, a database generation tool provided by TPC for benchmarking purposes.

However, i'm having problems in trying to compile dbgen successfully.

I'm currently using cygwin to try and compile dbgen and my makefile settings are :
    DATABASE = SQLSERVER
    MACHINE = DOS
    WORKLOAD = TPCH

I am encountering an error message 'conflicting types for getopt'
    It seems that getopt is a header file but it is being declared again in one of the internal header files. Commenting out that portion leads to only more compilation problems for me.

I would very much appreciate it if anyone can advice me on how to solve this

Thanx!

I had problems with the Linux version. To get it to work (using a Linux C compiler) I used the following options:

MACHINE=COMPAQ
    -asci added to compile options

I don't know if -asci would work on a Windows compiler.

If I recall, there where still some compile problems after the changes I made, but I was able to remove the offending line of code becasue it was not executed for Linux (I don't remember what it was).

If you still have problems, you can send an email to the TPC and they will forward it to someone who "maintains" the code (but don't expect miracles).