Unanswered: DB2 log pruning script

we keep having our DB2 logs fill up on a regular basis. Is there a script out there that can save the last 15 DB2 logs including the current active log file for DB2? I would like to automate this process. Thanks!

Re: DB2 log pruning script

See if this helps

Cheers

sathyaram

Originally posted by mixxalot
    we keep having our DB2 logs fill up on a regular basis. Is there a script out there that can save the last 15 DB2 logs including the current active log file for DB2? I would like to automate this process. Thanks!
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Re: DB2 log pruning script

oops ... I missed to paste the link

http://www.database-guys.com/backrec.html#dg_prune

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Hi,

About pruning script was already discussed in this forum.
    Please look at http://dbforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=789339

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty

thanks got it

Thanks for the link and details. I downloaded, installed, and configured the dg_prune script successfully and ran it. Works like a champ. Now I can automate pruning those ever growing DB2 log files via this powerful script using the DB2 Control Center Journal job scheduler or via AIX unix cron job scheduler.

Scott

Re: thanks got it

Scott ... I didn't realize it was your post till I saw the last message ... If my memory serves right, I thought you were using userexit in your environments ....
    If you are using userexit, db2 automatically takes care to reuse the archived logs ...

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Originally posted by mixxalot
    Thanks for the link and details. I downloaded, installed, and configured the dg_prune script successfully and ran it. Works like a champ. Now I can automate pruning those ever growing DB2 log files via this powerful script using the DB2 Control Center Journal job scheduler or via AIX unix cron job scheduler.

Scott

userxit is next step

Been busy taking care of DB2 here but the next projects are to implement userexit for archival of logs and replication for disaster recovery. In time of course.

Provided Answers: 54
    Quote Originally Posted by coreyfrankel View Post
    The link for the Log Pruning script returns a HTTP 404 which is page does not exist I think. I Really could use one I could run weekly after backups. I'm using DB2 9.1 and will be upgrading to 9.7 that has built-in functions for this. But I'm not therre yet. (HELP )
    Was posted as report on this post. Quoting from a previous post in this thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by grofaty View Post
    Hi,

About pruning script was already discussed in this forum.
    Please look at http://dbforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=789339

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty
    Let us know if you need more help.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.