Hello,

Admittedly, I'm new to the whole database thing, so please bear with me....

In any case, we're in the process of converting our web site to a database-driven site and have found a hosting company to host MS SQL Server 2000 for us. We were under the impression that we'd be able to use MS Access 2000 (specifically, the Access project) to maintain the server, graphically manipulate tables, etc. (My SQL knowledge is quite limited, which is why we were hoping to take advantage of MS Access.) In any case, I'm able to set up a new project and link to our server, but whenever I try to change any of the tables I get a message that says, "You do not have exclusive access to the database. Any changes made will not be saved."

My question: How do I go about getting exclusive access to the database? I'm really the only user ( at this point, anyway) that needs to manipulate the database. Is it not possible to do what I was hoping to do, or am I missing some important step? Or perhaps I should be using a different tool (in which case, any direction you all can give me would be greatly appreciated).

Thanks so much!

Kristine